Different between Internal Fragmentation and External Fragmentation
1. It is found in multiple fixed partition scheme.
It is found in multiple variable partition scheme.
2. It can be reduced using multiple variable partitions
It can be solved using compaction.
3. Wasted space internal to a partition.
Fragmentation occurs in memory that is external to all partition.
4. It can be reduced by using unequal size partition.
It can be eliminated by using compaction.
5. Fragmentation created internally to the partition it is called internal fragmentation.
variable partition is that external fragmentation.